What is an Adverse Credit Check?
An Adverse Credit Check is a type of pre-employment screening check that employers can carry out on current or prospective employees.
It will reveal any serious adverse credit history the applicant has.
My issue was resolved extremely promptly… in a cheery and friendly manner.
They can be an invaluable part of the pre-employment screening process, enabling you to make more informed recruitment decisions. They’re especially useful for employees who will have access to cash, accounts or valuables.
Adverse Credit Checks are a great way to ease any potential worries over staff fraud or dishonesty. For example, an employee who is shown to be economically vulnerable could be more open to accepting bribes, which could put your organisation at risk.
Our simple online system can help streamline and shorten your pre-employment screening process. The dashboard shows the status of all applicants at a glance, and you’ll get an automatic alert as soon as a check is complete.
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) – a formal agreement between you and your creditors that helps you repay what you can afford towards your debts.
- County Court Judgements (CCJs) – an order from the County Court instructing you to repay a debt.
- Bankruptcy – a legal proceeding involving a person or business that is unable to repay outstanding debts.
Will an Adverse Credit Check show the applicant’s credit score?
No – an Adverse Credit Check is a pre-employment financial check, and will not check the applicant’s credit score. The report it generates is not the same as the credit reports that can be obtained by lenders, such as banks or credit card issuers.
How long do the results take, and how do I get them?
Our speedy online system means most Adverse Credit Checks are completed within five minutes.
You’ll be notified as soon as credit checking is complete, and the results will be available as a downloadable PDF.
Our HR Platform will provide a single report for any multi-checks you carry out, meaning all the information you need will be available at the click of a button.
How do I get started?
Just fill in the quick online registration form and you’ll have access to the system within four working hours.
Your applicants can then quickly and easily add themselves to the system, and their address details will be validated against a UK database.
You’ll be able to access the results in as little as five minutes, and we’ll also provide them as a downloadable PDF. Simple!
What do our clients say?
- “We tried a few companies and came across uCheck. You are the fastest and most easy to use and your customer service is amazing”
- “Our inspectors really like the report layout and information provided – it shows we have gone the extra mile”
- “Running an adverse financial check can be quite daunting but uCheck’s client support team are always on hand to help throughout the process”